General Discussions
paper feed issue fixed

Windows cant seem to get printing right on my laptop (Linux works perfectly fine BTW so not hardware and not printer). Whenever I try to print a document in portrait orientation using windows, it prints out sideways as if the printer is printing to a portrait fed system, however my printer pulls paper in from the long edge (landscape orientation) however it is windows doing the mess-up as when it prints it is scaled to fit inside the paper with the long edge of the document file on the 8.5 in side (short edge) so it only uses half the paper in print. I found the fix for this issue in the post Brother printer paper feed not working . After following these steps the issue was fixed.

Windows cant seem to get printing right on my laptop (Linux works perfectly fine BTW so not hardware and not printer). Whenever I try to print a document in portrait orientation using windows, it prints out sideways as if the printer is printing to a portrait fed system, however my printer pulls paper in from the long edge (landscape orientation) however it is windows doing the mess-up as when it prints it is scaled to fit inside the paper with the long edge of the document file on the 8.5 in side (short edge) so it only uses half the paper in print. I found the fix for this issue in the post [Brother printer paper feed not working](https://printersetup.org/brother-printer-paper-feed-not-working/ "Brother printer paper feed not working") . After following these steps the issue was fixed.
2
0
1
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft