New-born babies are really tiny creatures that do not stay tiny for a very long time. And this is exactly why Cape Town parents like the idea of taking pictures of their little babies at this early period of their life. And if you decided to help these happy families to get best new born photography pictures in Cape Town then here are several useful tips and tricks for you!
Try to schedule the photo session as early as possible. Babies grow very fast and the best time for new-born photography is between one and three weeks.
When you get to the point of timing the session, talk to the parent and try to make it in the period when the baby usually has a nap and somewhere around the feeding routine. According to Cape Town photography professional Amy Green – “the best option is if you can get your model fed before the shot and right before the parents leave their house.” Such hint allows you as a photographer to get the best pictures as the little tummies will settle and so reduce spitting up and fussiness during the session.
• Be ready that your baby-model can get fussy and you will need to challenge that. In order to overcome these moments with the best comfort for everyone, you need to ask parent to take some essential items in order to comfort the infant; they might include a favourite blanket, diapers, pacifier, wipes and everything necessary for feedings.
• Do not forget about the parents! Some of the best examples of new born photography in Cape Town are made with parents. So, you, as a photographer and conductor of the whole day, need to inform “your” parents beforehand that they will also be involved into the shooting process so that they will come prepared.
• Every child has his or her own favourite toys and maybe even books. Make sure, that parents take these items to the studio. In this way you can make their new-born photography album unique and special. Cape Town experts also advise to take a couple of pictures in the baby’s blanket. Such pictures are usually the most valuable when the child gets older.
• The simpler, the better. Remember that infants are adorable even without any clothes on them. So, you should consider taking several pictures with this idea. Make sure though that you do not show any genitors – most parents do not want to have such pictures.
• According to the professional experience of Photographytoremember Studio – Cape Town New born photography studio, little babies usually have too much clothes on them and on the pictures, they might look to messy. If you decided to take several photos of a baby in clothes, always make sure that he or she will not get lost in layers of clothing.
As baby is something light and always associated with hope and something holy, you need to make him or her look in this way. All the crops, clothes and backgrounds should be light-coloured. Try to avoid though blank white colour because it always looks awful on the new-born photos.